Friday 19 June 2009

Are You A Luddite?

Having created this blog in a moment of frenzy after battling with nonsensical data coming from a computer system - I had to ask myself whether I did indeed hate technology - or just that particular bit of it that I was grappling with at the time....
The trouble is - I've been brought up with a love of technology. It's been engrained in me as part of my culture, from the devices used in Star Trek and Thunderbirds when I was growing up in the Sixties, to those essential pieces of machinery that we carry around with us today - the mobile phone, the personal organiser, the laptop.
No, I guess that I'm not a luddite really. Not in the modern use of the word. If I did, I'd have to do away with my various email accounts and Facebook, my blogs and favourite websites. Things that keep me in contact with the people and things I really care about. What I really hate is technology that doesn't actually do what it sets out to do, and is in fact more trouble than it's worth to have around.
Furthermore, I just get a kick about the idea of a 'Luddite' blog. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment